New Student Registration
Welcome to Bedford County Schools! It is our mission to provide an environment that encourages every student to learn and to become a good citizen. We believe all students can learn and realize their fullest potential if given opportunities, encouragement, and proper research-based resources.
To register your child for school:
- See which school you are zoned for by visiting transportation.
- Click on Bus Route Information, and select the Road & Street Listing file.
- In the search bar at the top, enter your street name and look for your zoned school(s) in the next column over. You will find bus number and driver information here as well.
- Make an appointment with your zoned school to register your student.
- You need the following documents to register: (NOTE: Pre-K documents differ from the list below.)
Copy of Birth Certificate
Proof of Physical
Copy of Immunization Records
Proof of Residence
(Pre-K registration has different requirements; see details in the PDF file below.)
Mark your calendar for Kindergarten Registration, May 3, 2023, and Pre-K Registration, May 22, 2023. SEE DETAILS BELOW. If you are registering for Pre-K, please bring your child with you as he/she will be screened that day.
If you have further questions about registering your child for school, we are here to help! Please call 931-684-3284, M-F, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.