skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions

My teaching license is about to expire, what should I do?

  • You must log in to TNCompass to renew, reactivate, or advance your teacher license.
  • A Tennessee educator license must be renewed on or before the date of expiration. Educators may apply to renew a license on September 1st, one calendar year prior to the date of expiration.


I need to change my address:

  • Send an email to Human Resources staff with the new address
    •   OR


I need to change my name:

  •  Come to the Human Resources office to complete the forms
  •  ID may be required


I need to change my direct deposit information:

  • You will need to come to the Human Resources office to complete a Direct Deposit form.
    • Do NOT change or close your current account before submitting the Direct Deposit form to us. This CAN cause an interruption in receiving your pay.
    • ID may be required.


How do I apply for the Sick Leave Bank?

  • Certified employees who have been employed with Bedford County Department of Education for 12 full months immediately preceding application for participation in the Sick Leave Bank, AND have a sick leave balance of at least 6 sick days, are eligible to enroll. 
  • The Sick Leave Bank Membership form is available in the Personnel Forms tab on our Human Resources page.


I'm thinking of retiring, where can I find out more information?

  • We recommend that you make contact with and discuss your plans with Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System (TCRS) @ 1-800-922-7772. You may want to visit their website too -
  • You need to create an account, if you haven't already, at


Salary or payroll discrepancies:

  • Please contact the Bedford County Finance Department @ 931-685-2024


Questions regarding Insurance - Health, Dental, or Vision:

  • Please contact the Bedford County Finance Department @ 931-685-2024



Bedford County Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, creed, age, or disability.
Bedford County Schools is not responsible for questionable or controversial content found through links external to this site.